…in 6 minutes or less!! Phoenix’s Circle 6 glass studio’s fall seasonal item is a pumpkin.
- Grab some molten glass on a blowpipe.
- Add some color (hopefully orange).
- Melt it using the glory hole (yes, you should laugh).
- Add a little air and shape it a bit on the table.
- Add some more molten glass.
- Cool the blowpipe with some water.
- Some more table shaping.
- Place in mold, blow and presto pumpkin ridges!
- To the bench – using a blow hose, jacks and a wooden paddle add some size and complete the shape (yes, laugh again).
- Using a little water and a firm tap, remove the pumpkin from the pipe.
- For your stem – grab some more glass, pick a color, roll, heat, mold, add it to the top and stretch to your desired loveliness.
- Using a torch smooth off the edges.
- Place completed piece in an annealing oven to slowly cool to avoid cracking.
- Done 🙂