A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to create a few new cookies!! So…I did!! Thanks to my sous chefs Donna, Tahnee and Ann 🙂 I LOVE my new cookies!!!
#1: These are my new favorite cookies!!!!!! I wanted a matcha almond cookie and this is what I created 🙂 and I LOVE them!! They have a very strong matcha flavor – if you do not want them as strong – just add less 🙂
Matcha Almond Cookies Recipe (Vegan)
- All-Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup (can be replaced with Brown Rice Flour)
- Almond Flour – 1 cup
- Matcha Powder – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil – 1/2 cup
- Agave – 1/2 cup
- Almond Slivers – 1/2 cup
- In a large bowl, sift together All-Purpose Flour, Almond Flour, Salt and Matcha Powder.
- Mix in softened Coconut Oil and Agave.
- Combine well.
- Stir in almond slivers.
- Form the dough a 1 1/2 inch wide circular log.
- Wrap the log in parchment paper and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes or the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each log into about 1/4 inch thick circles.
- Place the cookies 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
#2: So…I wanted to make a Jalapeno cookie and this is what I created 🙂 It got great reviews – even from people who are not big Jalapeno fans . You can always remove them and just have a Vegan Triple Chocolate Cookie 🙂
Triple Chocolate Jalapeno Cookies Recipe (Vegan)
- Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Avocado – 1/2 cup mashed
- Olive Oil – 1/8 cup
- Agave – 3/4 cup
- Unsweetened Soy Milk – 1/4 cup
- Jalapenos – 4 (2 diced about 2 tbsp and 2 whole)
- Dark Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup or more 🙂
- Cocoa Nibs – 1/2 cup
- Mix Flour, Cocoa Powder and Baking Soda in small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the Avocado, Olive Oil and Agave in another bowl.
- In a blender mix 2 Jalapenos and Soy Milk until smooth.
- Add the Jalapeno Soy Milk mixture to Avocado mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture and combine well.
- Add Dark Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Nibs and Diced Jalapenos.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Spoon dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.