This hot cereal makes me happy! It’s freaking yummy! I created it because I love healthy tasty food, and I could not find anything premade in the store….so here is the recipe for my Connecticut Cranberry Winter Cereal! I hope you like it!
- Steel Cut Oats – 1/4 Cup
- Red Quinoa – 1/4 Cup
- Amaranth – 1/4 Cup
- Golden Flax Seeds – 1/4 Cup
- Chia Seeds – 1/4 Cup
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut – 1/4 Cup
- Hazelnut Flour – 1/4 Cup
- Fresh Cranberries – 2 Cups
- Agave – 3 Tablespoons
- Sliced Almonds – 1/4 Cup
- Water – 3 Cups
- Mix Steel Cut Oats, Red Quinoa, Amaranth, Golden Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, Hazelnut Flour and 3 cups of Water in a non-stick pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Agave.
- Stir in Fresh Cranberries and cover.
- Cook until Cranberries split – about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Add Sliced Almonds to top.
- Fruit – If you don’t have access to fresh cranberries, you can try another tart fruit like Granny Smith Apples. I have also made this recipe with fresh pineapple.
- Sweetener – Some may prefer a sweeter cereal, agave can be added to the top as well.
- Leftovers – This cereal is not as tasty reheated, but it is great cold.