This evening I have dinner plans with friends, one of which is vegan, and I wanted to make a dessert. Since I do not have access to my kitchen at the moment, I of course raided my mother’s. Unfortunately her refrigerator broke, now 3 weeks ago, and she has not been able to get a new one delivered due to snow, vacation, etc. I did however find a can of organic pumpkin pie mix (and while I really do not like anything that comes out of a can, canned pumpkin is seriously so much easier!!). I quickly decided to make pudding. I will do my best to recreate the recipe below, but in all honesty I just throw things in until it tastes good. 🙂 I do love this Vegan Pumpkin Pudding and it makes me very happy!!
Vegan Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
- Unsweetened organic Silk soy milk – 3 cups
- Pumpkin pie mix or (1 can pumpkin or 15 oz. of cooked pumpkin (and add your own spices))
- Agave – 2 tablespoons
- Grade B maple syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch – 5 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – dash
1. In a 2 quart saucepan combine all ingredients and mix with hand blender.
2. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens.
3. Pour hot pudding into dessert glasses or molds.
4. Chill until firm.
My suggestion…make it, eat it, smile 🙂